What is proxy speed? Main properties of a super fast secure proxy
Contents of article:
When users search for geo targeted proxies from trusted proxy websites, they focus on location as well as security. It is comprehensible. If external IP addresses are activated, web surfers mostly want to:
- Virtually “travel” to another place, operate from it with a relevant geographic coordinates and metadata.
- Protect info flows.
There exists a third crucial point worth considering, however. Proxies must be speedy enough, achieving goals in reality. This piece will highlight what a super fast secure proxy is and how it can get even faster.
Speed measures define how quickly fast and secure proxies process round trips of data volumes. This route looks this way:
- Journey begins with humans or special automation tools sending queries.
- Requests pass to hopefully ultra secure proxy servers.
- Next stop is web presences.
- Responses go back towards proxies.
- Fast proxies transfer the info back towards originating PCs.
Speed is measured in megabits per second aka Mbps. Do not confuse Mbps with MB/s aka MBps, standing for “megabytes per second”, one megabyte equals eight megabits. Top secure proxy sites must be not far from recommended bandwidths. Actual ceilings pertain to use cases. In normal conditions one requires:
- Regular fast web browsing sessions mandate 3–5 Mbps.
- Activities on social media rely on 3–10 Mbps.
- 1–2 Mbps would suffice for e-mail services.
Large-scale web scraping also belongs to the range of reasons why teams contact top secure proxy sites. There can be no universal understanding of any speed they need. It depends on your number of scrapers and datasets. That might be 10, 16, 20 Mbps, you name it.
Wrapping up: what is a secure proxy server with proper speed? Real-life circumstances shape answers. Start using proxy platforms, then check its compatibility. Here is a free speed-measuring tool.
Being an ecosystem of fast geo targeted proxies Dexodata has advice on rising proxies' velocity. These recommendations have limits, but work in practice. Our trusted proxy website suggests:
- Remember that proxies do not necessarily affect connection speed, with suitable settings connectivity improves.
- Do not forget about hierarchies of proxy types. Choosing between datacenter IPs and residential the first are the fastest. Then go residential alternatives, mobile IP addresses are slower.
While tuning fast proxy sessions, consider these factors:
- Your local speed ensured by ISPs.
- Geographical distance between you and IP addresses.
- Remoteness of sites and selected IPs.
- Speed and transmission quality that those IPs have.
- IP load.
Contingent on various underlying causes proxies can get faster if you:
- Improve the local internet speed by contacting your ISP.
- Link to closer proxy servers, via support services together with dashboard settings.
- Switch external IP obtaining fresh addresses that might be fast.
- Scan proxies by speed criteria.
The Dexodata trusted proxy website offers ethically sourced IPs across 100+ countries with targeting by cities, ISPs, etc. Be it the EU, Japan, Kazakhstan, Canada or the US, secure proxies will enable you to build tailored-fit fast combinations for different scenarios at the optimal speed. See it for yourself. Proxy free trial is available for newcomers. Establish a connection and verify our pace.