Dexodata proxies' use cases
Contents of article:
- Why buy residential IP addresses?
- What are the best datacenter proxies used for?
- When mobile proxies are the most useful
- Which geo targeted proxies to choose?
Proxies have a long history which has began in the 90's, almost thirty years ago. They have gone a long way since then and became a common business tool crucial for daily needs and development planning. Dexodata HTTPS residential proxies, datacenter, and mobile network proxy pools are the intermediaries enhancing internet connections with privacy and reliability. It is a usual practice in 2023 to get good HTTPS proxies free for a test, as well as SOCKS5 ones.
A lot has been said about their purposes and proxies’ benefits for business. We have already explained what is HTTP and HTTPS proxy, how to implement it, and why. Today we will compare different types with their most popular designations.
Residential proxies, SOCKS5 and HTTPS, leverage IP addresses acquired from domestic internet service providers (ISP). Regarded as common household devices, these intermediaries are great at scaling and hard to identify. Rotating IPs increase successful data collection rates and cover thousands of locations over the world.
Our web insights harvesting ecosystem, Dexodata:
- Provides rotating residential proxies, both HTTPS and SOCKS
- Sets no limits on dynamic rotation frequency
- Ensures geolocation accuracy to within cities and providers
- Allows to choose time intervals for changing external addresses.
These features make residential online nodes indispensable for:
- Testing advertisements. Enterprises complement their own marketing background with rivals’ experience in placing ads. Developed strategies are tested for relevance via residential IP addresses.
- SEO needs, that include exploration of the most frequent keywords and highest SERP rankings to promote business within search engines or e-commerce platforms. HTTPS proxies, free from most restrictions, also assist in quality link building.
- Retailing. Individuals and small business’ representatives resell sneakers, gift cards, consoles, NFTs, and more. Automated algorithms used for trading purposes are in need of proxies to set protected connections.
Datacenter proxies operate the infrastructure of computing centers and cloud hosting services. They have the highest velocity and keep stable under the load. But, nevertheless, they easily reveal ASN identity and face numerous struggles by accessing protected content.
Innovative data gathering platforms serve such IP with rotating addresses and offer free HTTPS proxies for trial access. Datacenter internet access points are implemented for cybersecurity purposes to check e-mails and prevent malicious activity.
The range of proxy business use cases is wide
Datacenter IPs are gradually inferior to the popularity of residential ones. But both middlebox solutions are applicable depending on the particular target. No matter what is HTTPS proxy based on, data center or domestic IP, they are useful for:
- Performance tests. Web developers emulate traffic to see how websites can withstand high loads and edge cases.
- Price comparison. Constant market monitoring helps to stay aware of rivals’ strategies and find the most profitable advertisement offerings.
- Defying top trends and demand, by gathering web data with AI-driven tools for reasonable business decisions.
- Brand protection. Enterprises scan the internet for violations of intellectual property rights.
- Personnel hiring. HR departments check employees and partners’ representatives for job compliance.
- Checking inventory, to avoid lack or excess of stocks or supplements and enhance supply chain maintenance.
Every mobile network proxy provides access to the address belonging to a mobile carrier. The operational principles are similar to these used by residential ones. The key difference is the architecture exploiting the shortage of IPv4 addresses. Mobile proxy nodes rotate external IPs and are therefore indistinguishable from common users. It is an efficient practice for accessing highly protected websites, such as Facebook or Amazon.
API compatibility makes rotating mobile IPs suitable for Puppeteer, Playwright, Selenium or other data extraction solutions. Interaction with social media also becomes easier. Companies manage multiple accounts, obtain information on products, influencers and consumer sentiment.
The resemblance to residential internet intermediaries gives analytics a choice between these two proxy types. Depending on the occasion, they are leveraged as tools for gathering trading insights or checking localization of apps and platforms. What is HTTPS proxy server in your system and how it will be used for the chosen objective, is up to you.
The final decision depends on the type and missions of the work one is going to conduct. Datacenter proxy is fast and stable, while residential and mobile network proxies are more trustworthy in terms of privacy. For example, Data as a Service approach implies the use of all three types. We at Dexodata provide free proxies, HTTPS and SOCKS5, for a trial, and keep pricing plans affordable for individuals and enterprises.